Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Natural Nail Tutorial


This is a tutorial to show you how I get healthy, shiny natural nails.



1: Remove your nail polish. I highly recommend using an organic nail polish remover, because acetone based polish removers make nails very brittle and strip them of any moisture. Organic polishes work just as fast as non-organic products, and they are vegan, biodegradable, and have no nasty odor. I bought mine for about $10 from my local Sprouts grocery store, but you can also get them online. The one I use is made by Peacekeeper Cause-Metics and is made from sugar beets, rosemary, and spearmint. It sounds crazy! But trust me it really works. I have found that my nails are even stronger after I use this stuff.


2: If you need to, clip and file your nails. I use a cupcake manicure set that you can purchase from ModCloth. It contains tweezers, a nail file, cuticle pusher, cuticle clippers, and nail clipper. ==> http://www.modcloth.com/shop/beauty/sweeter-than-a-cupcake-manicure-set


3: Pour some olive oil into a small container and submerse your nails in the oil for five minutes. Olive oil is extremely beneficial to nails because it is full of vitamins and promotes nail growth. Leave your nails in the oil for five minutes, and then massage your nail beds and cuticles to stimulate blood flow. Wash your nails off with water.

4: Use a nail buffer to smooth and shine your nails. I used the Revlon Crazy Shine nail buffer which I got from Target for about $4.


These are the steps I use to take care of my nails :) All of them really do work, especially the organic polish remover. If you happen to try any of these, please leave a comment below. 





No comments:

Post a Comment